Story Massage for Children
We all love stories! When combined with the benefits of simple massage strokes, stories present wonderful opportunities for creativity and interaction. Story massage involves the use of 10 easy to follow massage strokes associated with spoken words that help build up an engaging story. The strokes concentrate on the shoulders, back, arms and head but can also be used on the legs, hands and feet. For babies the tummy and chest can also be massaged.
Story massage offers a simple, fun and interactive way of sharing benefits of positive touch with children of all ages and abilities. Positive touch through story telling can be especially beneficial for children with special/additional needs.
Parents Only Story Massage Workshop (parents of 1-3 year olds)
Learn how to continue to massage your baby as they crawl and climb away from you! This fun workshop for parents helps you adapt simple massage techniques to favourite stories and rhymes, so that your wriggling little ones can still enjoy and benefit from massage as they grow and develop.
This is a 2 hour workshop
Parent & Child Story Massage Workshop (parents and children 4 years to 12 years)
Join us for a fun and creative session to discover how to adapt your favourite stories, songs and rhymes to an easy-to-give and enjoyable massage for your child. Then relax as you get a Story Massage from them too!
Note: all workshops are fully clothed and include time for a cuppa and biscuits.
- the opportunity for children to experience dedicated “calming time”
- increased self-confidence, self-awareness and self-esteem
- a fun way for families and friends to share time together and connect with each other
- the opportunity to encourage children to develop their imagination
- an alternative and engaging way of encouraging children to develop a wider vocabulary
- the opportunity for children to practically engage in experiences that provide a context for the use of emotional language
- individual attention that enhances a child’s awareness of being valued, and brings a sense of self-worth
- the relaxation of mind and body, easing tension and the cumulative effects of stress
- the promotion of “feel good” hormones including oxytocin, which help to boost general well-being
- an increased sensitivity by children of how their own actions and emotions can influence those of others
- learning the essential life skill of conscious relaxation through first-hand experience of the benefits of recharging and refreshing mind and body
This is a 2 hour workshop
Venue for both workshops: KnotStressed, 40-42 Montrose Terrace, Edinburgh, EH7 5DL
Next workshop dates:
Parents only workshop Sunday 4th March 11am to 1pm
Parents and children workshop Sunday 4th March 2pm to 4pm