Aromatherapy is the therapeutic use of concentrated plant essences (essential oils). The natural chemical compositions of the essential oils have been shown through research to posses: stimulant, anti-inflammatory, antispasmodic, analgesic and relaxant properties.
The most common method of applying essential oils is through massage. Aromatherapy massage is a combination of therapeutic massage and application of a blend of essential oils in vegetable/carrier oil. A detailed consultation is carried out at the end of which a blend of essential oils is chosen to address the needs of the individual as a whole: mind, body and spirit. The depth and sequence of the massage is also tailored to their individual needs.
- relaxes and tones tense, tired muscles
- relaxes the nervous system and calms the mind
- reduce the symptoms of stress
- gives relief to chronic health conditions
- gives relief to musculoskeletal disorders
- supports the body’s own healing process
There are other methods of applying essential oils. These are: hydrotherapy, inhalations, topical applications and compresses. These can be provided in the form of home care treatments.
- Hydrotherapy (bath/shower gels) relieves pain and muscle spasm, symptoms of stress and insomnia
- Inhalations (dry or moist) relieve symptoms of sinusitis, colds/flu, respiratory conditions, symptoms of stress and insomnia
- Topical applications (lotions/creams/gels) relieve muscular pain and spasm, inflamed joints and skin conditions
- Compresses (hot/cold) relieve muscle and joint injuries, headaches and migraines
Venue: 1 Boswall Avenue, Edinburgh, EH5 2EA
Cost: £40 for 60 minutes, £55 for 90 minutes
Days & Times:
- Monday starting at 10am – last appointment 7pm
- Tuesday starting 10am – last appointment 7pm
- Wednesday starting 10am – last appointment 6pm
- Thursday starting 2pm – last appointment 6pm
- Friday starting 2pm – last appointment 4pm