Myofascial Release (MFR) is a safe and effective hands-on technique which involves gentle sustained pressure into the myofascial connective tissue to separate the fibres and allow easy gliding of the fascia upon itself and other structures to help eliminate pain and restore motion.
Myofascial release can be used alone or combined with other massage techniques such as: deep tissue massage, trigger point therapy, skin rolling, J-stroking and other advanced massage techniques.
Conditions that may benefit from MFR:
- chronic back, neck and shoulder pain
- headaches and migraines
- whiplash and other trauma
- stress-related muscle tension
- RSI (Repetitive Strain Injuries): carpal tunnel syndrome
- TMJ (Temporomandibular Joint) dysfunction and pain
- scar tissue and other adhesions
Fascia is a tough membrane of varying thickness which is like a three-dimensional net reaching through the body, surrounding individual muscles fibres, tendons, ligaments, nerves, organs, lymph vessels and blood vessels.
In a normal healthy state fascia has the ability to stretch and move without restriction. Because fascia is entirely continuous throughout the body, a restriction in one part will affect every other part.
Injuries in the muscular system will cause the fascia to tighten and give rise to “muscle” pain or “tendonitis”. If fascia is stuck, it squeezes the structures it surrounds, inhibiting movement and circulation. The pain resulting from myofascial restrictions is often described as deep, sharp, dull, burning, heavy or “like toothache”.
Venue: 1 Boswall Avenue, Edinburgh, EH5 2EA
Cost: £40 for 60 minutes, £55 for 90 minutes
Days & Times:
- Monday starting at 10am – last appointment 7pm
- Tuesday starting 10am – last appointment 7pm
- Wednesday starting 10am – last appointment 6pm
- Thursday starting 2pm – last appointment 6pm
- Friday starting 2pm – last appointment 4pm